I. In accordance with the on the simplification of visa formalities for nationals of the Russian Federation and nationals of the United States of America, the US citizens shall as a rule be issued multiple-entry business, private, humanitarian and tourist visas that are valid for three years (36 months) from the date of issue of the visa.
Please have a look at the for the submission of additional information regarding 3-year multiple-entry business, private, humanitarian, and tourist visas.
IN THIS RESPECT – FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AGREEMENT ON THE SIMPLIFICATION OF VISA FORMALITIES - IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT US CITIZENS APPLY FOR THREE YEAR MULTIPLE-ENTRY BUSINESS, PRIVATE, HUMANITARIAN AND TOURIST VISAS REGARDLESS OF THE PERIOD OF STAY STATED IN THEIR INVITATIONS.
II. Dear US Applicants,
1. According to the Agreement it is recommended that you submit your documents for obtaining a 3-year multiple-entry visa at least 8 working days prior to your intended date of entry into Russia.
2. When filling out the electronic visa application form at: http://visa.kdmid.ru please choose «multiple» from the drop-down menu and indicate a 3-year period of stay starting from the date of entry in your visa support documents (invitation).
3. Your Visa Application must be accompanied by an invitation from the hosting party. Copies or facsimilies of the invitation are acceptable.
4. A multiple-entry visa allows subsequent trips with a purpose other than what was initially indicated in the visa. Thus, the new purpose of each trip and information on the new hosting organization must be indicated in the Migration Card form in order to clear Russian customs and border control.
5. The passport of the applicant, as a rule, must be valid for at least full six months after the visa expiry date.
III. In accordance with the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the United States of America on the simplification of visa formalities for nationals of the Russian Federation and nationals of the United States of America effective September 9, 2012 the US citizens shall as a rule be issued multiple-entry business, private, humanitarian and tourist visas for a stay of no more than 6 months starting from the date of each entry that are valid for three years (36 months) from the date of issue of the visa.
All visa applicants are welcome to apply for Russian visas to the Visa Center located at:
2226 Elliot Ave, Suite #A, Seattle, WA 98121, B.
Hours: 8.30 am - 4 pm, lunch break: 12.30 pm - 1.30 pm,
ph.206-452-1739, fax 206-452-1790
Service fee: 33 USD
IV. Applicants for Russian visas can also apply directly to the Visa Section of the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Seattle. Prior to submitting your visa application to Russian consulate you must make a PRIOR APPOINTMENT on the following web-site For applying directly you are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Seattle. Please, comply with the general visa obtaining procedure and have available all the documents concerning your trip. Tourist\visa processing agencies have to submit applications to the ILS only.
When applying, please be advised, that the permission to enter Russia is a courtesy of the State. In accordance with the International Law, the Consulate in certain cases reserves the right to consider your visa applications for as long as it is necessary.
Visa can be denied if the Consulate has serious reasons to believe that the Applicant's visit to Russia is not desirable without disclosing the reason for the denial. Visа application fees are not subject to reimbursement in case of subsequent refusal.
Visa processing starts only after all visa documents are submitted.
In order to enjoy your visit to Russia, it’s important for you to apply for the right type of visa, the one that corresponds to the real purpose of your trip.
V. All applications for Russian visas submitted in the United States must be prepared using the electronic visa application form at the website http://visa.kdmid.ru.
Russian visa applications prepared using the old format or in a different way are not accepted any more.
VII. Information for Turkish citizens
In accordance with the Decree № 583, issued by the President of the Russian Federation on November 28, 2015, the procedure for entering the Russian Federation for citizens of the Republic of Turkey, bearers of a regular Turkish passports, has been revised.
As of January 1, 2016, Turkish citizens bearing said passports will be required to obtain a Russian visa issued by a diplomatic or consular division of the Russian Federation. (For more information please visit our website http://visa.kdmid.ru.).
This does not affect Turkish citizens:
- bearing temporary residency permits or permanent residency cards for the territory of the Russian Federation;
- bearers of special or official passports, traveling to the Russian Federation for less than 30 days;
- bearing special or official passports who are working at diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Turkey on the territory of the Russian Federation, and their family members who hold valid special or official Turkish passports;
- or Turkish citizens who hold a Seaman's Passport, provided they are entering for maritime purposes on ship orders.